Read about our tips on how you can use the natural product of baking soda in many different good ways.
Buy bicarbonate here
What is baking soda?
The NaHCO3 designation for bicarbonate or actually sodium bicarbonate is one of the sodium of the carbonic acid and was produced for the first time 1801!
The production of bicarbonate is made through the sodium salt of carbon dioxide (the gas carbon dioxide and water) that exists naturally.
In the past, baking soda was extracted from a mixture of soda ("powdered natron").
Today it is made with carbon dioxide from, for example, sodium chloride.
Baking soda can be made as good as 100% pure and should not be confused with baking soda which is sodium bicarbonate diluted with stabilizer and caking agents.
Baking soda is slightly alkaline, mixed with a little water, it gets a PH content of about 8.
Sodium bicarbonate is a completely natural product found in the Earth's seas and streams and in the ground.
It contains none of the corrosive substances found in chemicals and many industrial detergents and detergents. It is toxic and can in the form of hushållsbikarbonat be used without danger to children, domestic animals or plants.
Even our body produces baking soda. Bicarbonate regulates the pH level (acidity) of the saliva, which helps to prevent the appearance of tartar. It also regulates magsaftens acidity and therefore prevents stomach ulcers and similar disorders and expels the carbon dioxide from the body's tissues that are passed into the blood stream.
Browse through our guide at the bottom or read all the points here!
Tips for Home:
- Sprinkle the mat or your mattress, leave for 20 minutes and then vacuum it up. Binds moisture and removes odors.
- Clean your sink with baking soda and hot water, sprinkle over and turn on the water, scrub a bit with a regular sponge – like new. If you have problems with their sewers, it helps to clean, you can pour on vinegar before the water.
- Clean the stove, pour in vinegar, sprinkle with baking soda and allow to sauté. Wipe clean with a regular washcloth
- Clean the oven using a mixture of 1 dl of bicarbonate, 1 dl of common salt and water. Make a pasta and spread out, let the oven door stand a little open, preheat the oven to 200 ° and wipe off when the oven has cooled a little.
- Remove the Tefläckar from porcelain by filling the sink with hot water, mix in half a cup of baking soda and let the mugs lie for half an hour
- Clean fridge and freezer with baking soda on a damp cloth. Rinse with clean water. The fridge's plastic parts become new and you don't have a bad smell
- Remove stains with a paste of bicarbonate and water. The pasta cleans, removes odors and disinfects kitchen counters and the like. For
To remove scratches, rub you cautiously. This way you preserve a shiny clean kitchen
- Rust stains disappear quickly if you press lemon juice on them and then sprinkle with baking soda. It's enough to rub a bit, and Presto is
- Going on vacation? In order to be sure that the sink and drain are fresh on your return, it is enough to pour into a little before leaving
- Bicarbonate. Rinse thoroughly when you get home and enjoy odourless sewers in the bathroom, in the toilet and in the kitchen.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the dirty plates before turning on the dishwasher. Because most of
The dirt already disappears during the rinse cycle, you can reduce the dose of detergent
- Has your stoneware gotten ugly scratches? Cover them with a thick paste of bicarbonate and water. Allow the paste to solidify the dishes as usual.
Scratch is almost no longer visible.
- Thermoses used for tea and coffee are particularly difficult to get clean. Fill them with Kokhett of water added with a teaspoon of baking soda and let stand
Minutes. If necessary, you can added a little juice of a lemon
- Clean your bathroom with baking soda on a damp sponge – washbasin, bathtub, shower, etc. You will be amazed how easy all dirt
Be wiped away.
Tips for the food
Do not confuse baking soda and baking soda! Bicarbonate is 100% pure sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda, however, is a mixture of
Baking soda and various acidic ingredients. Use baking soda in one of the following recipes and achieve a result you didn't think was possible!
- "Fluffy" omelettes add a pinch of baking soda for 3 eggs, whisk up and cook as usual
- Add a pinch of bicarbonate about halfway during cooking and the potatismoset becomes
The whitest and fluffy you've ever seen.
- Rub the meat with bicarbonate 2 hours before
It is cooked. The taste does not change, but the meat becomes tender and detaches easily from the legs.
- Does it happen that the milk becomes grainy when you make potato gratin? Try sprinkling some baking soda between the layers of potatoes and then cook as
Usually. But you do not need to salt on the potatoes. This way you avoid the sour taste of Ystad milk.
- If you are concerned about residues of pesticides and preservatives remaining on fruit and vegetables, you should do this: Moisten your hands
And sprinkle with a little baking soda and rub the fruit and vegetables. The chemicals are neutralised and can easily be rinsed away.
- Bikabonaten emphasizes the good taste of vegetables! Add 1/2 tsp in the cooking water – the taste comes forward and the vegetables retain their solid
Texture. Add a teaspoon in the saucepan with cauliflower to bid on a crispy, white and odorless cauliflower.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda to the water when you put the beans in wet. They become more easily digestible and the gas disappears. In addition, they become faster
- When you make raberberkräm or pie you will need much less sugar if you put the rhubarb in soak with a pinch of baking soda before it is cooked.
Discard the water that has become black and pour in clean water and prepare as usual. You need no extra sugar because bicarbonate has
neutralised the acid.
- Do the same thing with pineapple or other sour fruit, särksilt if the fruit is not really ripe. A light pudring with baking soda makes
- You give the cake a darker and more "chokladigt" appearance by adding 1 tsp
Baking soda in the flour before mixing it with övria ingredients.
- Have you taken too much vinegar in a recipe? With the help of a little baking soda you remove the sour taste. Dutta in a little baking soda until your taste buds are satisfied!
Bicarbonate for health
Baking soda has a healing effect on the body because it changes the PH balance and increases oxygenation to the cells.
Many people breathe wrong or too little and then a pH imbalance is created because there is too little carbon dioxide in the body. The cause can be stress, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep infections or other. Then bicarbonate can help to create better pH balance and better oxygen absorption in the body. It will be a carbon dioxide bath
Baking soda contains large amounts of carbon dioxide that is absorbed through the skin during bathing and helps to widen the blood vessels and increase circulation to the skin and muscles.
Lowers the PH in the blood so we get better oxygen absorption throughout the body (Bohr effect).
- Before exercising, you can take 1 pinch baking soda in a glass of water, helping the absorption of oxygen in the body. Take on an empty stomach.
- If you consume water with baking soda in small amounts every day, you improve your body's functions and can naturally regulate the pH of your blood by decreasing your acidity index. Water with baking soda is a natural cure that has been used for many years and is an effective way to protect the body against various diseases.
- Water with bicarbonate also reduces inflammation and gases, and relieves indigestion.
- Water with bicarbonate can be used against urinary tract infections due to its ability to reduce the acid index in the urine. You can use it as a supplement to Blåbärsjuice, which is also used for this purpose.
- General dose
Half a teaspoon of baking soda (3 g)
1 glass of water (200 ml)
Mix the ingredients and drink after each main meal.
Although the taste is not so good, it is a healthy choice. Start the day by integrating it into your diet and you will soon notice positive changes with your body.
- Mouth rinsing, take 1 spices of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water and rinse 1-2 minutes.
- Soothing and curative foot bath with baking soda
Soothing and curative foot bath with baking soda
1 tablespoon – ½ dl to Foot bath, (1 tablespoon to about 5 liters) depending how large bucket you use. 1 DL baking soda in half-full bath tub approx 50-60 liters.
Helps sore tired feet and muscles to recover much faster and exercise aches are alleviated. The oxygenation in the body increases and the body becomes more alkaline.
- In case of cold or sore throat you can take a cure with baking soda that makes the body easier and quicker heals itself. 2 pinch baking soda in 2 cups water 4 times/day for 3 days Day 4-14 take 1 time/day taken on an empty stomach. Makes the body alkaline and the oxygen uptake increases and your cold heals faster
Baking Soda for Beauty
One of the most amazing beauty products can be found in most homes: bicarbonate (or baking soda, if you do not have bicarbonate at home). We already know that it has many uses in the kitchen and for our health, but it also has many benefits for beauty.
- Exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells and dirt that accumulate from day to day. Baking soda is your best friend when it comes to exfoliate the skin. All you have to do is mix some water with three parts baking soda and gently massage the mixture over the skin in circular motions. Rinse with warm water and finish with a moisturizing cream.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in your shampoo and gently massage it into your hair. Let it work for ten minutes, whereupon you rinse. Your hair will feel fresh and clean.
- For healthy hands and nails, you can make a batter with some water and baking soda that you then massage over hands and nails until they are smooth and free from both dead skin cells and dirt.
- To naturally whiten your teeth you mix some baking soda with a little water and a pinch of salt. Use the resulting cream to brush your teeth and remove blemishes
- Baking soda is also an effective way to get rid of irritating pimples and blackheads, as well as excess oils. Mix a little baking soda with lemon juice and apply the resulting batter to what you want to remove. It is important to apply this treatment in the evening as the exposure to the sun can cause stains on the skin.
- Deo, you can apply it as a cream in the armpits or add 12 cl in a bath. Use it as a exfoliant for the armpits to remove blemishes caused by commercial deodorants and antiperspirants.
- The knees and elbows are two areas that often suffer from dryness. To moisturize these parts of the body, you can add some baking soda to your daily moisturizer and massage it into these dry and uneven areas.
- cuticles, do your cuticles look horrible? Mix a pasta with warm water & baking soda that you then rub on the cuticles. The result is beautiful, soft and above all cared for cuticles
- As a dry shampoo,
Now you can toss all the poisonous bottles you have collected and use a whole natural bikarbonatalternativ. The only thing you need is bicarbonate and then sprinkle a small amount into your scalp. Then just comb, style and enjoy the fresh feeling.
- Shaving, does your skin tend to be irritated after you shave? Prevent pungent skin by mixing one cup of water with a tablespoon of bicarbon, let the mix dry on your skin after shaving for about five minutes. Rinse with cold water.